A boucle sofa is an upholstered piece of furniture that you can use for your living room or family room. The term boucle refers to the fabric used in this type of sofa, which has a textured appearance. Similar to the pattern on a grain sack or burlap bag. This material is typically made from polyester and cotton blends with added wool fibers.
What is a Boucle Sofa?
A boucle sofa is a type of sofa that has loops on the fabric. The loops are usually made from wool, cotton or silk and can be woven in different patterns. The name “boucle” comes from French for “bunch” or “tuft”, which describes this style of upholstery perfectly as it looks like little balls have been sewn into the material. The term was first used in 18th century France where they were commonly found in high-end furniture stores but nowadays they’re more popular with home decorators who want something different than what you’ll find at most retailers today! Scandinavian interior design for example, has so much potential but has been underestimated.
Types of Boucle Furniture
Boucle sofas are available in a wide range of styles, sizes and colors. They can be made from different materials such as leather or fabric. The most common types are:
- Sectional sofas – These large pieces of furniture have several separate sections that can be arranged in any configuration you like. They are often used for entertaining guests because they allow many people to sit together on the same piece of furniture.
- Sofa chair – This is usually smaller than sectional wooden or steel sofa but has enough room for two people to sit comfortably side by side or one person lounging on its cushions with their feet up on the armrests next to them (known as “lounging”).
- Sofa bed – This type of sofa is so much like a divan and comes with either a mattress built-in or detachable mattress pads which make it easy for guests who stay overnight at your home; just pull out some sheets from under their pillows before going off for dinner!
Sectional Boucle Sofa
A sectional sofa is a great choice for any room in the house. It can be used as a couch, loveseat and chair all in one. This type of furniture is very versatile and can be used in any room of your home including the living room, family room or den.
A sectional sofa gives you more seating options than other types of sofas because it has multiple pieces that can be arranged in different ways depending on how much space you have available or whether you want to use your new furniture as an area where everyone sits together during movies nights or game nights with friends!
Boucle Loveseat (Two-seat)
A loveseat is a sofa that is smaller than a sofa. It can be used as a pair of chairs and it is more compact than a sofa. And has two seats, while sofas have three or more seats.
Sleeper Boucle Sofa
A sleeper sofa is a great choice for small spaces because it can be converted into a bed. This means that you will have more room in your living room, and it will be easier to entertain guests who need to stay over. It is also easy to convert the sleeper sofa into a bed, so you do not have to worry about struggling with complicated instructions when someone needs somewhere else to sleep! And there are in fact coming back on sofa trends of 2022 – 2023.
Boucle Tree-seat Sofa
The Boucle Sofa is a type of seat that is made from one piece of fabric. It has a non-removable cover and is composed of polyester, cotton or wool. This design was inspired by tree seats with its branches and leaves. It can be used as an indoor or outdoor furniture item depending on how you want it arranged in your house or garden area.
It has many benefits because it does not require much maintenance work. Since there are no cushions involved in its construction. Therefore you don’t need to worry about dusting them regularly because they will not collect dirt easily. Unlike other types like sofas with cushions which require regular cleaning as well as washing is there is any spillage onto them (such as food stains).
Boucle Sofa Chair
The Boucle Sofa Chair is a chair with a backrest, seat and legs made of fabric or leather. The word “boucle” comes from the French word meaning, “braid”. It is usually used to describe a looped pile fabric.
Boucle Sofa Advantages
Boucle sofas are a great choice for your home, as they offer a number of advantages:
- Soft and comfortable – Boucle fabric is soft to the touch, making it easy to relax on. This also makes them perfect for lounging around in front of the TV or reading a book with your partner.
- Durable – The durability of boucle fabric means that these sofas can last for years without showing signs of wear and tear like some other types of upholstery do.
- Easy to clean – Boucle fabrics are stain resistant and can be cleaned easily by wiping down with water or mild detergent if necessary (although we recommend testing this out first before doing it on your own).
- Affordable – Boucle fabrics tend not to be as expensive as other types such as leather or suede; however, they still look stylish enough so that you will not feel embarrassed having friends over because their furniture does not match yours!
How to Clean Boucle Sofas?
Boucle sofas are easy to clean, as they can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner or a dry cloth. If you need to clean your sofa more thoroughly, you can also use a wet cloth for this purpose. So you do not have to worry about any damage that may occur during the process because these types of materials are very durable and strong enough to withstand normal wear and tear over time.
Boucle Sofa Maintenance
Boucle sofas are easy to maintain. You can clean a boucle sofa with a vacuum cleaner, damp cloth and dry cloth or steam cleaner. Therefore, if you are looking for a sofa that is not only stylish and comfortable. But also easy to clean, then Boucle sofas are the perfect choice. They come in different sizes and shapes, so there is something for everyone. Thank you for reading this guideline on Edge of the Globe’s Interior Design. Feel free to share your thoughts with us down in the comments and dont forget to read our other post specially POP Design, which could be of so much use to you.